What causes hair loss?
Hair loss has many causes. What’s causing your hair loss can determine whether your hair:
Causes of Hair Loss
Hereditary hair loss
It means that you’ve inherited genes that cause your hair follicles (what each hair grows out of) to shrink and eventually stop growing hair.
At some point, hair follicles stop growing hair, which causes the hair on our scalp to thin. Hair also starts to lose its color.
Alopecia areata is a disease that develops when the body’s immune system attacks hair follicles (what holds the hair in place), causing hair loss.
Childbirth, illness, or other stressors
A few months after giving birth, recovering from an illness, or having an operation, you may notice a lot more hairs in your brush or on your pillow. This can also happen after a stressful time in your life, such as a divorce or death of a loved one.
Home Treatment Tips
1. Wash and condition your hair without traumatizing it.
2. Forgo hot-oil treatments. These heat up the hair, which further damages fragile hair.
3. Stop at-home coloring, perming, chemical straightening, and relaxing.
4. Limit your use of curling irons, flat irons, and hot combs, using one only on a special occasion, such as a wedding or job interview.
5. Stop wearing your hair tightly pulled back in a bun, ponytail, pigtails, cornrows, or braids.
6. Brush or comb your hair gently, and only enough to style it.
7. If you smoke, stop.
8. Make an appointment to see a hair specialists.
Poor scalp health – dry skin, clogged follicles, dead skin cells, lack of circulation – can lead directly to thinner-looking hair!
Keravive is a first of its kind 3-step treatment that includes an in-office component, as well as a 30-day take-home spray!
CLEANSE & EXFOLIATE
HydraFacial Vortex Technology extracts dirt, oil and impurities from your scalp and hair follicles.
HYDRATE + NOURISH
Keravive Peptide Complex Solution exfoliates your scalp and nourishes your hair follicles with growth factors and skin proteins to promote a healthy scalp and healthier, fuller-looking hair.
EXTEND & ENHANCE
Daily use of the HydraFacial Keravive Peptide Complex Spray enhances your in-office treatment and delivers daily hydration and nourishment to your scalp and hair follicles.